Total Pageviews

Monday 21 July 2008

No snow here



21 July – Monday

I know how sympathetic all you wintering Tasmanians will be, but it rained today and the temperature dropped to 19 overnight. Fortunately it climbed back up to 27 very quickly. With the high humidity today, I think if one stood still for too long, one would definitely take root and sprout leaves.

Because of the weather, we decided to have a quiet day with Les guarding the caravan while I headed for a shopping centre and a wander in peace. I even discovered a remote controlled fairy in Myer’s toy department – lucky Emma wasn’t with me.

After spending half an hour talking to a nice lady at Telstra, who didn’t really understand why I wanted to keep track of my internet usage, then another 15 minutes in a Telstra shop with a young man who wasn’t very interested and told me it couldn’t be done, I actually worked it out all by myself. These modern phones which do everything aren’t very user friendly and I had been looking in the wrong place completely. All happy now, considering I used less than 30mgb downloads last month.


The photo is a climbing frame in a playground on the
Townsville foreshore - I know three children who would just love it.

No comments: