Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 June 2009

A Town Like Alice

20th June – Saturday

A bad start to the day – I was attacked by a vicious cat! Definitely not Cat, who is much better behaved. The owners of Erldunda Roadhouse have a cat which believes it owns the surrounding area. It was sitting in the middle of the path and I had to walk around it, the cat attached itself to my pants leg and when I tried to remove its claws, it attacked my hand. I have a large puncture wound underneath the fingernail – I bled all over the floor of the amenities block before attempting first aid. When I reported the attack to the owners, I was told that Earl is very gentle and people like to cuddle him!!!

Only a short drive of two hours to Alice Springs and the McDonnell Ranges Caravan Park. What a great park! Absolutely huge (350 sites) but divided into sections with lots of amenities block – and washing machines! Definitely need them at the moment. There are free activities almost every day, from free pancakes on Sunday morning to 4WD tips and hints, star gazing and didgeridoo playing.

We checked out the local Woolworths this afternoon; a big store and bananas were only $2.95 kg. Les was very excited as he hasn’t had any bananas for a while. Also a Brumby’s Bakery and Lennard Chicken. We also found the Alice Springs Bowls Club and put our names down to social bowls on Tuesday afternoon.

We might have to stay a bit longer in Alice, as there is plenty to look at and do, apart from the McDonnell Ranges attractions.

No photos today, so will add another one from Kings Canyon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obviously Earl did not like you. He was very nice to us especially after receiving his favorite food, bacon. I could not entice him into our camper to search for a mouse, however,
Hope to visit with Earl in July.

Charlie