Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 September 2013

Maroochydore Continued

Saturday, 14th September

Our appointment with the Spirit of Tasmania is drawing closer – only two weeks to go.

Our time at Maroochydore is also drawing to a close; we have had three very relaxing days enjoying the warm weather.  Today has been a bit blustery, but still very warm.

Yesterday, we joined the latte set at Noosa, looking at the colourful clothes in the many shops (far too bright to be worn at home), dreaming about the $420 sandals and acting like a tourist – we fitted in perfectly.  We were very surprised when having lunch at a coffee shop and a scrub turkey turned up and walked around the tables looking for fallen scraps!  We saw quite a bit of Noosa which we hadn’t seen before as we tried to leave – road works had closed the road and, not knowing the area, we just kept taking left and right turns.  Poor Doris nearly had apoplexy, trying to convince us we needed to travel on the closed road!

Today was fairly quiet, with preparations underway for tomorrow’s travel.  I am becoming very familiar with the laundry!  I also had a couple of hours to myself this morning and enjoyed a wander through Sunshine Plaza, with its many shops – and people.  People tend to drive cars to shopping centres and I actually out-bluffed a small Audi sport car’s driver as I attempted to reverse out of my parking spot.  I was part way out when he drove up at speed and stopped right next to me, not giving me any room to manoeuvre.  After stopping my BIG car in front of his little car, he backed off and drove around me.  At times like these, size does matter!

Go the Swans!

1 comment:

Barry and Denise said...

It's must be a good feeling knowing you are bigger than some.