Total Pageviews

Friday 12 September 2008

Eel Feeding


12 September – Friday

We were still worn out from yesterday, so had a reasonably quiet day. We had a couple of small visitors arrive at 7.00am with bread in hand to have breakfast with us before we fed the stale leftover bread to the eels. It was absolutely gross, the eels were even rising out of the water to take the bread. Emma was quite fearless and allowing the eels to take bread directly from her hand!

A trip to the supermarket before lunch, and I made the mistake of permitting a sales lady to demonstrate her mineral body scrub on my hands. It left my hands feeling very smooth, but the smell was absolutely awful (to me anyway). I think she very quickly realised a sale was out of the question.

The afternoon was spent with the kids playing table tennis and air hockey. Air hockey was a big favourite with Michael and Grandpa. An ice cream and a few games of bingo rounded out the afternoon nicely.

No comments: