Total Pageviews

Friday 9 August 2013

Fabulous Weather

Friday, 9th August







The glorious weather continues!


Thursday morning was a typical quiet morning in the caravan park before ladies’ afternoon at the bowls club. This did turn into an interesting affair; firstly, I was reprimanded for being three minutes late getting my name down (evidently 12.30 pm is the cut-off, not 12.33 pm!), then secondly, I discovered that their really are some dinosaurs still roaming Queensland. When we came in for afternoon tea, I was told that we couldn’t sit down yet (I did), we couldn’t drink our tea yet (didn’t worry me as I don’t drink tea) or couldn’t eat our sandwich yet (I did). When I asked why, I was told it was because the President was still on the green! After commenting that this was all new to me, one of the ladies made a very nasty and rude comment that being from Hobart was the reason for this lack in my education. I do have to say that she didn’t appreciate being told that some Queenslanders still appear to be living in the 20th Century. I would hope that Tasmanian bowlers treat their guests in a friendlier manner.

The nights are still a bit on the chilly side but today was even better than yesterday, if that is possible. James and Maureen had invited us to join them for lunch at the Yorkeys Knob Boathouse – such a beautiful setting overlooking the marina, and some rather flash looking boats. The restaurant deck was built over the water (we did spend some time looking for crocodiles) and had great fun feeding our chips to the waiting catfish, which were obviously very well fed on leftover chips. Following lunch, we drove to Palm Cove for dessert (another ice cream), then a walk along the sand. The beach today was just spectacular, with clear, calm water and no wind. We came upon an area being set up for a wedding and James and Maureen wondered if they would have time to renew their vows before the happy couple arrived. We strolled back along the resort/shop side of the street with its magnificent paper bark trees and rather nice looking resorts.

Himself has offered to take me out to dinner tonight, but I rather suspect it may be to the free sausage sizzle in the caravan park.

1 comment:

Barry and Denise said...

Are you going to bowls next week for your next lesson in bowls etiquette?