Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 July 2007

Dior


28 July – Saturday

Another hot day but a bit windy – certainly made the surfers at the Waikiki Long Board Surfing Championships happy. It was the first time I have actually seen any waves remotely resembling surf at Waikiki. The mornings excitement was provided by a visit to the actual Dior shop for a bottle of perfume, actually a bit cheaper than at Macys! What a wonderful experience to be the only customer in a shop with two people to look after me! My bottle of perfume was placed in a lovely Dior carry bag, of course, with some free samples of perfume as well. When the poor girl realised I was carry a supermarket type plastic bag (complete with $5 souvenir teatowel!), she nearly had a fit and immediately gave me a large Dior carry bag to hide my cheap shopping! It also gave Les a heart attack when I walked into the hotel carrying TWO Dior bags!!!

Emergency medical assistance in the USA is a little different to Australia. In an emergency, the fire engine is dispatched (the great big fire engine, complete with very long ladder and man at the end to control it!) as the paramedics are attached to the fire departments. If the patients needs to be transported to hospital, then an ambulance is called. It does seem a bit strange to us.

This afternoon involved a visit to a Spa for a massage each –how quickly 90 minutes disappeared. This was followed by dinner and watching the sun set – not much cloud about so not as spectacular as some nights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, sounds like the oerfect day to me!
Shan

Dave said...

Errrr, so what was the fire engine for? Nothing happened to you guys I hope?