Total Pageviews

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Cairns Continued

Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Monday was very, very wet and very, very dismal and very, very dreary. Himself didn’t even bother to think about washing the car! I spent the morning at the hairdressers and then had to return in the afternoon because the hairdresser actually admitted that she had made a mistake! Not much else of interest happened on Monday.

Tuesday morning and the sky was blue! What a change of attitudes among the caravanners – lots of smiles and lots of washing drying on the lines. The morning was one of pampering for one of us while the other did some necessary, and very important, shopping. He also managed to fit in a visit to Autocare and think about washing the car. (I am starting to believe that washing the caravan has been moved further down the priorities list!)

This afternoon – surprise, surprise; the car was actually washed and some of the tar removed. Another pleasant surprise – the sun shone all day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beryl used to find getting the car washed quite an ordeal too. I'd set a time in my mind, and add 6 hours to it every time she brought it up. In turn, she'd make my meals more and more meager while I delayed.
Most of the time she won, but I saw a few satisfying retreats after a week or so of take aways.