Total Pageviews

Monday 20 September 2010

Hairdressers




Monday, 20 September

Weather – ditto!

The morning was spent catching up on laundry as well as locating the local Woolworths and reprovisioning. The caravan park is right on the foreshore and there is a boardwalk immediately outside the fence. We had a nice walk and watched the big trucks carting sand from one end of the beach to the other in an effort to rebuild the dunes. There are also some very nice houses in the area.

This afternoon was the big hair event! On arrival, I was greeted by my stylist, given a cup of some type of tea (which I didn’t want), interviewed as to my expectations, shown to a chair (no benches in this place – armchairs, coffee tables and floor to ceiling mirrors!), had my hair played with for 15 minutes during further discussions before work actually commenced. While waiting for the colour to process, I received a cup of “real” coffee and was given a hand massage. The shampoo, of course, also included a very relaxing head massage. Then the styling (not cutting, thank you) commenced! I think each individual hair was examined before snipping and I was told that only part of my hair needed styling. I was shown a picture of what the stylist (Nathan) was working towards – 20 year old model with a weird haircut sticking out everywhere. Nathan very quickly returned to my wavelength! I have now had a styling experience – and we can have a sandwich this week as well as toast.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Very fancy haircut!

Barry and Denise said...

Well when you get home the wind and rain will restyle it for you. At I presume at far less cost. (Any way it looks good).